COLD WEATHER RESOURCE (WHEN WEATHER IS BELOW -5F AND/OR -15F WINDCHILL):
From 2/5/2021 to 2/16/2021, Ramsey County and our partners including Catholic Charities, Model Cities, Listening House, Metro Transit Police Department, City of Saint Paul, and Union Gospel Mission are preparing for a cold weather emergency over the next few days. This weekend you will see the following changes across our homeless service system:
- Saint Paul Opportunity Center will be opening earlier. Hours will be 8:00am to 5:30pm
- Freedom House will stay open late. Hours will be 8:00am to 9:30pm
- Additional emergency beds will open up across the system including at Safe Space, Higher Ground, and Freedom House.
- Shelters will coordinate capacity
- Some first responder teams will help with transport residents between sites
Please alert anyone residing outside of these additional options.
Thank you to all of the partners involved!
*To help connect someone in need to shelter, contact St. Paul Police non-emergency at 651-291-1111 or Ramsey County at 651-266-7818. Referrals can be made by emailing [email protected].
*Additional information about the City's ongoing response to support individuals experiencing homelessness to support, services, resources, and shelter can be found at www.stpaul.gov/unsheltered-response.
*Additional information on the network of shelter resources available for those experiencing homelessness in Ramsey County and Saint Paul is available at www.ramseycounty.us/HousingStability.
Additional Warming Center when temperatures are below zero:
St. Andrews Community Resource Center (900 Stillwater Road, Mahtomedi, MN) - Phone number: 651-762-9124
- Hours are between 10-3, Monday - Thursday
- Below zero overnight
- Warm meal and hospitality
- Shower and towels/blankets will be available