2021-2022 Extreme Weather Strategy
When weather conditions are forecasted to fall below -5, when windchill is expected to be -15 or colder, and when weather conditions pose an imminent threat to unsheltered residents:
- Extreme weather, not just cold
- Significantly reducing or eliminating barriers during extreme weather
- Utilizing all shelter bed space
- Standby-ready status to help partners prepare - called for by Ramsey County Housing Stability Department
*To help connect someone in need to shelter, contact Catholic Charities - Higher Ground at 651-647-2350 and choose option #7, or Ramsey County Homeless Services Unit at 651-266-7818. After 5pm, you can contact the St. Paul Police non-emergency at 651-291-1111. Referrals can also be made by emailing [email protected].
*Additional information about the City's ongoing response to support individuals experiencing homelessness to support, services, resources, and shelter can be found at www.stpaul.gov/unsheltered-response.
*Additional information on the network of shelter resources available for those experiencing homelessness in Ramsey County and Saint Paul is available at www.ramseycounty.us/HousingStability.
Additional suburban Ramsey County Warming Center when temperatures are below zero:
St. Andrews Community Resource Center (900 Stillwater Road, Mahtomedi, MN) - Phone number: 651-762-9124
- Hours are between 10-3, Monday - Thursday
- Below zero overnight
- Warm meal and hospitality
- Shower and towels/blankets will be available