Back to top

Family Housing Crisis

Shelter space is reserved for Ramsey County families with minor children. To determine eligibility, call the United Way at 651-291-0211.
• Space for Ramsey County homeless family emergency shelter is limited and beds are not immediately available. Completing an intake with Ramsey County shelter staff is the only way to be placed on the shelter waitlist.
• Intakes are completed at: Community Action Building, 450 North Syndicate Street Suite 190, St. Paul, MN


For those experiencing domestic violence, Day One Services may be able to help find a safe place for families while fleeing abuse. Call Day One Services at 1-866-223-1111.


Families who are sleeping in a place not meant for human habitation (streets, car, camping, public transit, etc.) or staying at a domestic violence shelter and are looking for supportive housing can call Coordinated Access to Housing and Shelter (CAHS) at 651-215-2262. If a family is eligible, they will need to schedule an appointment with a CAHS Assessor to complete a housing assessment.